Prime Rib Portabella with Pan- Fried Brussels
- 6 portabella mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Clean the portabellas and remove the stems. Place in a large shallow bowl. In a small cup, mix together the Worcestershire, 2T olive oil, garlic salt, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Drizzle over the mushroom caps, turning so that it covers both sides.
- Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil on a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add in the mushrooms, cap side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the gills start to sweat and the cap starts to brown just slightly. Flip to the gill side and continue to cook until mushrooms are cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2T oil to the pan. Once the oil is heated, add in the brussels sprouts and sprinkle lightly with salt and sauté in the mushroom juice and oil until cooked, 3-5 minutes. Pour the sprouts over the mushroom caps. Serve immediately.