Looking for a stuffing recipe that won’t set you back in your healthy weight goals? This recipe for stuffing falls under Phase 1 of the Ideal Protein program.
2 cups of your favorite vegetables chopped up in food processor
1 cup of diced mushrooms
3 egg whites
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp Redmond’s Real Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
8 – 16 oz. water
1 -2 TBS Braggs or Trader Jo’s 21 seasoning
1 – Chicken Soup
1 – Oatmeal
Rosemary, Basil, Thyme and/or Garlic
Prepare Oatmeal Biscuits:
- Beat 1 egg white then stir the IP Oatmeal packet until mixed thoroughly.
- Add 2oz. water until batter is thin and spoon able – but not runny. You may want to add a tsp of poultry seasoning or other seasoning of your choice.
- Spoon batter onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 10 min. or until golden brown.
- Once biscuits are cooled tear up and let dry out an hour or two.
- In a mixing bowl put dried oatmeal biscuits, seasonings, chopped veggies, mushrooms and Braggs. (if desired, add your IP soy nuts) Mix and set aside.
- In your blender bottle or other mixer, mix 8 oz of water with your IP Chicken Soup mix well (more water may be needed).
- Add two egg whites to soup mix.
- Mix well then pour over veggie/biscuit mix stir (should be a moist mixture) and then place in an olive oil sprayed casserole dish.
- Cook about 20 min at 350.