Convenience foods are all around us. We can be tempted by a drive thru almost every block we drive down. Because we have taken the initiative to change our bad habits, we know giving in to temptations are not worth it.
- 8 oz lean ground beef
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion or green, yellow, red raw onion
- 2 oz dill pickle, chopped
- 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce (review the post about nutritional value of romaine and other leafy lettuces)
- 2 tsp walden farms thousand island dressing
- Brown the ground beef, drain of any residual fat
- Season with salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, mince onions.
- Serve the meat in a large salad bowl and add the pickles, lettuce, and onions
- Toss, top, with the 2 teaspoons of Walden Farms Thousand Island Dressing