There are many ways to prepare your veggies. With this recipe you can enjoy the flavor of the roasting with the sweetness of the maple dressing.
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 medium red pepper, diced
1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into pieces
1 red onion, sliced
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, Mrs. Dash, or other seasonings
Directions: 2 cup servings: 170 calories, 5 grams protein, 15 grams carbohydrates
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl with a lid; toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in a large roasting pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until veggies are lightly browned and tender.
Maple Dressing (Phases 1-4)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup Ideal Protein maple syrup
2 Tablespoons Splenda or Stevia
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 small clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup canola or olive oil
- In a blender, mix all ingredients together.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil, blending constantly, until thickened.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Serve maple vinaigrette at room temperature.